How to Choose the Perfect Gazebo
Gazebos are a great addition to any outdoor space. Read this guide to learn more about choosing the perfect gazebo that fits your wants and needs.
Determine the UseMost commonly associated with providing shelter from natural elements – cover from rain, shade from the sun, and protective nets against bugs – gazebos can be used in a plethora of situations:
- As a focal point in a garden.
- A spot from which to rest and admire a focal point in your garden.
- A place of refuge and reflection.
- For outdoor dining in Florida’s tropical climate.
- Entertainment area for larger gatherings.
- A stylish way to add value to your property.
Assess the DesignWhat appears in your mind’s eye when you hear the word, “gazebo”? From the earliest known Egyptian gazebos dating back 5,000 years, to the solidly built marble pavilions of Rome and ancient Greece, or the elaborate teahouses of China and Japan – there is a design for every taste. Start by assessing the availability of space and the optimal position for your gazebo:
- Is there enough space?
- Should it be set up on the pool deck or near the house or play area?
- Where will it be afforded pleasing views – not the neighbor’s house or bright streetlights.
- How will the gazebo be fixed? Is a concrete pad needed? Or are you looking for portable gazebos?
- Are you looking for a country-chic patio gazebo made of timber, or a contemporary aluminum design that can be powder coated in various colors?
- What level of durability do you require to prevent rot and rust?
- Is portability an important factor?
- Would you like a perimeter gutter to make your gazebo more water resistant?
- Do you need mosquito netting that hooks into the steel frame?
- How important is privacy?
- Are you looking for a hard-top gazebo?
- What length of warranty is a deciding factor for you?
- Poggesi’s versatile Mood YPE Collection offers a sleek and contemporary aluminum frame and canopy roof design. Customizations include traditional side curtains, shady side panels, or vertical roller curtains, LED strips, and the possibility to add a perimeter gutter channel.
- The flexible Mood Balance gazebos comprise two aluminum struts supporting the manually retractable canopy. Make yours unique with decorative wooden or aluminum boundary panels, laser engraving, LED perimeter lighting kits, or side curtains.
- The pure design of Nicolas Thomkins’ Gate Shade gazebos combines flawlessly with advanced shade technology.
Determine the Size of the GazeboWhether you opt for a small gazebo or large gazebo, the size is likely determined by what amount of shelter your outdoor living space permits. That, and the type of gazebo you have selected to suit your intended usage as detailed above. Considering that outdoor gazebos of 2022 have replaced the traditional patio, choose dimensions that can accommodate:
- A comfy sofa sectional
- An al fresco dining table and bench or chairs
- Flower boxes and planters
- BBQ equipment and/or a fire pit
- Sound and lighting systems.
- 8′ x 8′ – 10′ x 10′ – Perfectly suited for private use (meditation, yoga, workouts) and family dinners in a small backyard.
- 12′ x 12′ – The ideal gazebo size for small gatherings. Has the capacity to seat a large family or a family of four plus six guests with comfort.
- 14′ x 14′ – 16′ x 16′ – Perfect for social gatherings or business dinners as 12 – 15 people can be accommodated.
- 18′ x 18′ – Suitable for party animals (parties, BBQ grills) and outdoor events such as weddings.