How To Measure Your Patio To Get The Perfect Layout
A lot of planning is required before you measure your patio for the perfect layout. Adding a patio will enhance your home and improve your quality of life. Design the patio to reflect the architecture of your home and its interior design style. Here are some questions to consider when planning it. Size and use
- What do you want to use the patio for?
- What size is the space you have available for the patio?
- Where will you put the patio?
- What kind of outdoor furnishings do you want on the patio? Do you need coffee tables, a round table, a lounge chair, or a dining set?
- Must the patio be open, or do you need an outdoor umbrella or gazebo?
- What size umbrella or gazebo do you need?
- What materials do you want to use for the patio floor? Tiles, pavers, brick, stone, or poured concrete?
- Must the patio be square, octagonal, or a rectangle?
- Will there be steps leading down from the patio to a garden or swimming pool?
- Will the patio have a centerpiece like a piece of art, a fountain, or fun furniture like an egg chair?
- Will it have a barbeque, fireplace, or fire-pit?
- What lighting do you want on or around your patio?
- Does the area you want to use have a lot of sunshine or shade?
- Do you need to create screening for privacy from neighbors?
- Do you want plant boxes on the patio?