How to Choose the Perfect Gazebo
Gazebos are a great addition to any outdoor space. Read this guide to learn more about choosing the perfect gazebo that fits your wants and needs.
Determine the Use
Most commonly associated with providing shelter from natural elements – cover from rain, shade from the sun, and protective nets against bugs – gazebos can be used in a plethora of situations:
- As a focal point in a garden.
- A spot from which to rest and admire a focal point in your garden.
- A place of refuge and reflection.
- For outdoor dining in Florida’s tropical climate.
- Entertainment area for larger gatherings.
- A stylish way to add value to your property.
Knowing what you plan to use your proposed gazebo for is the first step in choosing the perfect one.
Assess the Design
What appears in your mind’s eye when you hear the word, “gazebo”?
From the earliest known Egyptian gazebos dating back 5,000 years, to the solidly built marble pavilions of Rome and ancient Greece, or the elaborate teahouses of China and Japan – there is a design for every taste.
Start by assessing the availability of space and the optimal position for your gazebo:
- Is there enough space?
- Should it be set up on the pool deck or near the house or play area?
- Where will it be afforded pleasing views – not the neighbor’s house or bright streetlights.
- How will the gazebo be fixed? Is a concrete pad needed? Or are you looking for portable gazebos?
Then move on to the most suitable materials:
- Are you looking for a country-chic patio gazebo made of timber, or a contemporary aluminum design that can be powder coated in various colors?
- What level of durability do you require to prevent rot and rust?
- Is portability an important factor?
- Would you like a perimeter gutter to make your gazebo more water resistant?
- Do you need mosquito netting that hooks into the steel frame?
- How important is privacy?
- Are you looking for a hard-top gazebo?
- What length of warranty is a deciding factor for you?
Answering these questions should give you direction about what gazebo design will work best for you.
- Poggesi’s versatile Mood YPE Collection offers a sleek and contemporary aluminum frame and canopy roof design. Customizations include traditional side curtains, shady side panels, or vertical roller curtains, LED strips, and the possibility to add a perimeter gutter channel.
- The flexible Mood Balance gazebos comprise two aluminum struts supporting the manually retractable canopy. Make yours unique with decorative wooden or aluminum boundary panels, laser engraving, LED perimeter lighting kits, or side curtains.
- The pure design of Nicolas Thomkins’ Gate Shade gazebos combines flawlessly with advanced shade technology.
Determine the Size of the Gazebo
Whether you opt for a small gazebo or large gazebo, the size is likely determined by what amount of shelter your outdoor living space permits. That, and the type of gazebo you have selected to suit your intended usage as detailed above.
Considering that outdoor gazebos of 2022 have replaced the traditional patio, choose dimensions that can accommodate:
- A comfy sofa sectional
- An al fresco dining table and bench or chairs
- Flower boxes and planters
- BBQ equipment and/or a fire pit
- Sound and lighting systems.
As a starting point, refer to the handy table below as a guide:
Gazebo Size & Possible Use
- 8′ x 8′ – 10′ x 10′ – Perfectly suited for private use (meditation, yoga, workouts) and family dinners in a small backyard.
- 12′ x 12′ – The ideal gazebo size for small gatherings. Has the capacity to seat a large family or a family of four plus six guests with comfort.
- 14′ x 14′ – 16′ x 16′ – Perfect for social gatherings or business dinners as 12 – 15 people can be accommodated.
- 18′ x 18′ – Suitable for party animals (parties, BBQ grills) and outdoor events such as weddings.
Poggesi’s retractable Mood YPE Collection gazebos come in a variety of standard and custom sizes up to 16′ × 13′. They can also be coupled to create structures that cover even larger spaces.
The maximum roof area of our Mood Balance Collection spans 17′ x 16.5′ in the symmetrical configuration; and 14′ x 13.5′ in the asymmetrical configuration.
Our Gate Shade gazebos reach a maximum coverage of 16’ x 21′, providing up to 350 square feet of covered area.
Gazebos are the must-have addition for 2022. Not only are they an attractive way to extend your outdoor-indoor space, but top gazebos cater to a wide range of uses and offer ample privacy. Best of all, Poggesi gazebos are 100% weather resistant and are structurally sound as they are manufactured by skilled engineers and artisans. Do you dream of the perfect gazebo? Contact Pogessi so that we can turn your dream into reality!